This gift set contains 3 jars of Moon Shine Trading Co. gourmet varietal honeys fruit spreads. The perfect filler for your Purim Hamantaschen. Each jar is 9 oz.
Unlike a jam or jelly, these fruit spreads are not cooked, have no sugar added, and don’t need to be refrigerated after opening. They contain just 2 ingredients: dried fruit and honey.
- California Apricot Fruit Spread has won the Best Spread award by the National Honey Board and has been named Most Outstanding Spread by the Specialty Food Association. Explore the taste of perfect harmony between tart and sweet
- Honey Tart Cherry Fruit Spread combines dried Montmorency cherries with all-natural honey to create a product that founder Ishai Zeldner was willing to call, “his favorite.”
- California Apricot and Tart Cherry Fruit Spread is a flavorful blend of two superb dried fruits: apricots from California’s warm central valley and tart Montmorency cherries from Michigan’s cooler climates.
These fruit spreads can be used:
- As a delicious filling for your hamantaschen
- Blended with vanilla yogurt to make the perfect fruit salad dressing
- Blended with cream cheese, and serve with sharp cheeses, charcuterie, olives and crackers
- As a marinade for some serious grilling
- As the perfect no-sugar-added, raw alternative to jam. Use it everyday on toast
About: After graduating from college, founder Ishai Zeldner decided to pursue adventure by living on a Kibbutz in Israel. For nine months, six days a week were split between learning Hebrew and working on the kibbutz, mostly in the fields. He immediately felt at home on Kibbutz Beit HaShita, a cooperative community that not only raised fish and cattle for consumption but grew agricultural products such as cotton, melon, grapefruit and olives. It also produced honey.
Although beekeeping was brand new to him, Ishai took to it like a natural, and Yosef Gidron, the kibbutz beekeeper, noticed. Soon, Yosef asked Ishai to be his assistant, and he became a friend and mentor. While Ishai may not have known it at the time, his future career path had begun. It was an opportunity to learn beekeeping from a master, and Ishai worked with and learned from Yosef throughout four bee seasons. When asked about his half-century love affair with honeybees, Ishai said, "My mentor kept bees 'til he was 90. That's my role model."
During his time at UC Davis, Ishai was introduced to varietal honeys, and became particularly fond of Yellow Star Thistle Honey. He loved it so much that he began giving it away to his friends, and quickly realized he was going broke doing so. Thus, Moon Shine Trading Company was started with 180 pounds of pure Yellow Star Thistle Honey packed in canning jars.
Shipping within the U.S. Only.
Shop all Purim